Who We Are
Harrell’s Department Store has been a part of the town of Burgaw for over a century. Founded by Chauncey Harrell as C. Harrell and Sons in 1903, the business remains family owned and operated to this day. Vernon and Herb Harrell are fourth generation proprietors. The brothers grew up with “The Store” in their blood.
Throughout the decades, hometown friendliness and responsiveness to our customers’ needs set us apart from large retail stores. We specialize in items that are hard to find or unusual in some way.
Stop in soon for a step back in time…and a cup of coffee on us!
A Burgaw Tradition
We thrive for generations by providing value to our customers. It’s a source of fulfillment and humility that many of our customers remember shopping here with their grandparents.
What is Harrell’s?
Harrell’s is a real old-fashioned department store! We sell new men’s and women’s apparel, shoes and accessories. You can buy new and used appliances here, or hire our service technician for warranty work. Our inventory of fine goods includes a bridal section. There is an alterations specialist on staff. You’ll find everything from lawnmowers to formal wear rental.
- Special orders
- Stacy Adams shoes and suits, Wolverine boots, Trotters shoes, Frigidaire appliances, Sanuk casual shoes
- Jess & Jane, Jenny, Shadowline brands for women
- Dorfman-Pacific, North River, Vinci and Cotton Traders for men.
- Real Panama hats made to order in Ecuador and locally crafted jewelry
- Merchandise made in America
- Mattresses made in a worker-owned factory in Fayetteville, NC
- Solid leather belts crafted by an Amish family in Pennsylvania
- Some of our outerwear garments are made right here in Burgaw!
“Harrell’s Has It” is our motto with good reason.
Harrell’s brings you lasting value as we have for generations. Come enjoy the personalized service in a relaxed atmosphere.
We will continue to earn and build on the confidence entrusted to us for over 100 years. This relationship of trust is essential to our business. We create value by offering high quality goods and services to our customers and our community.
Communication is our pathway. Constant improvement is our goal.